Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

A2E Announcements

Welcome to Addited2Editing. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Come be apart of the largest music video making community currently out. Showcase and compete against some of the most respected music video makers and improve your work with the helpful tips and feedback you will receive here. Be apart of the monthly competitions that will surely showcase some of the best talent on the net. Also take part of wrestling(rumors, news and predictions) and general discussions on the latest on sports or how you are feeling today.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

A2E Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
A2E's Recap Challenge | Voting Thread
Topic Started: May 1 2017, 05:46 PM (440 Views)
Leelee
Admin

Voting Rules
Rate each category from 1-5; One meaning the lowest, Five meaning the highest. After you finish rating us, count up the totals. The total can not exceed 25 obviously. The editor with the most points wins.

Match Recap - Clarity of each match, did we get the pivotal points of the match?
Match Transition - Smooth execution from one match to the next
Editing Technique - Keeping pace with the tempo of song
Highlight Rate - Variation of clip selection, good camera angles and action
Presentation - How did we make the show seem? Exciting? Or a lifeless show?

Voting Ends Friday, May 26th.

Posted Image
[utube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgzpBCd7L3M&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=Paroxysm[/utube]

Posted Image

DOWNLOAD

Posted Image
[utube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq9jRP6JBhU&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=Spyd3r[/utube]
DOWNLOAD

Posted Image
[utube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PujmRVkk6A[/utube]
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CheeZe
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Match Recap - 4.5
Match Transition - 4
Editing Technique - 4
Highlight Rate - 4
Presentation - 5

21.5/25

Posted Image

Match Recap - 3
Match Transition - 4
Editing Technique - 2
Highlight Rate - 4
Presentation - 2

15/25

Posted Image

Match Recap - 4
Match Transition - 4
Editing Technique - 4
Highlight Rate - 3
Presentation - 3

18/25

Posted Image

Match Recap - 4
Match Transition - 2
Editing Technique - 3
Highlight Rate - 2
Presentation - 2

13/25
Editing Record
28 - 17 - 6 (W/L/D)

Achievements:
- MVZone World Champion [x1]
- MVZone Tag Team Champion (w/Paroxysm) [x1]
- Co Holder of the A2E Tag Team Championships (w/Paroxysm)
- MvITB Holder (Vidmas 2014)
- Zonies 2015: Most Underrated Editor of the Year
- RR League Champion (w/Boss) [x1]
- eXe MV Extreme Champion [x1]
- eXe MV Hardcore Champion [x1]
- WGE MV World Champion [x2]
- WGE MV Tron Champion [x1]
- WGE MV Hardcore Champion [x1]
- XWZ MV X/International Champion [x1]
- XWZ MV Tag Team Champion (w/Ace) [x2]

Posted Image
YouTube

Skype - king_kaz2

SWL
Member Avatar
#SWLFactor
Paro:
Match Recap - 5
Match Transition - 3
Editing Technique - 3
Highlight Rate - 4
Presentation - 4

19/25

it is what you said it is, extremely rushed and it disappoints because you are capable of more. The video started quite organised but ended up being a bit of a mess towards the end. For example, the transitions between the tag and the women with the voiceover was a good idea but could have been pulled off way better with more clips of Asuka dominating her past opponents rather than having 1 short clip of her sitting next to a pool smiling. Just a little thing that could have changed the first impression of this match. Another transition that bugged me a bit was the next one between the women and the main event, I really don't like it when people cut songs off like that, especially when it seems like the song just started with the womens match. At last, I get it, the whole "glorious" thing is over but was it really necessary to stop everything and completely cut Nakamura's entrance, just so we can hear his entrance? It just kinda killed the momentum for me until the song kicked back in.

Explicit:
Match Recap - 2
Match Transition - 3
Editing Technique - 2
Highlight Rate - 2
Presentation - 3

12/25

You left out a lot of stuff here. In terms of moves you probably cut like 50% for each match. Most noticeably for the mixed tag where you basically cut everything except the finish to the match and that's why I only gave you 2 for match recap. Other than that, it's obvious that your editing just needs a bit more practice. It seems to me like you know what to sync to, the only real technical editing issue with this is that it didn't have good pace. Like, don't slow a move down up until the impact. Stop the slow motion before the impact so that the move has time to breathe. Don't know how to explain it, just comes with time. Keep working on it tho.

Spyd3r:
Match Recap - 5
Match Transition - 4
Editing Technique - 4
Highlight Rate - 3
Presentation - 4

20/25

I was pleasantly surprised by this. The song fit the event with good use of the violin parts at the start and during the HOF bit. Overall there were tiny slip ups with your editing but they didn't hurt the video to the point where I couldn't enjoy it anymore. There isn't really much to say, all together it's a solid video. I did notice that the video got faster and faster because the song was ending soon and you tried to cramp in as much as possible.

Pehroxed:
Match Recap - 5
Match Transition - 2
Editing Technique - 2
Highlight Rate - 3
Presentation - 3

15/25

Props to you for doing both Takeover and Mania but the songs just didn't fit either of them. Nothing against the music personally but especially Takeover should have had a rock-metal type of vibe to it. When Aleister Black made his really dark entrance to Bruno singing about some girl he likes, it took that seriousness away from him and several other people in your video like Taker as well. Editing was all over the place most of the time with clips coming in too quick and not in sync. I mean, there were instances where you hit the beat correctly several times but then there are parts where the clips completely disconnect from the song, so that's something I'd work on if I were you.

Win or lose, I still wanna thank everyone who participated and gave it a shot.
Spoiler: click to toggle

Posted Image
Simon Lindner

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · A2E's 8th Annual WrestleMania Recap Challenge · Next Topic »
Add Reply